Tracking M’s progress – for her sake, for mine, and hopefully for encouraging (ultimately!) others who may be considering a child with substantial developmental delays. 🙂 At her pediatrician appt this week, she’s estimated at a 6-9 month old developmentally speaking. 32″ tall and almost 20 lbs (off the percentile charts tiny).
* Goes from sitting, to standing – when holding our hands
* Will raise her arms up for us when I say “up?”
* Smiles and laughs with us; starting to respond to tickling
* Will pick up finger-foods (“puffs”) with her whole hand and get them in her mouth about 80% of the time (no pincer grasp yet, but she wouldn’t even pick these things up until about two days ago)
* Sleeping less (which is a good thing, believe it or not!),
* Eating a whole slew of puréed fruits and veggies
* Scooting across the floor on her bottom, to get around
*Speaking a bit of Mandarin
* Playing with toys – HUGE step, as her fingers had been her only toys for probably 3 years.